July 29, 2012

Home Expressions

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." - Jane Austen, in Emma


Like many of you, I hope to create a beautiful and comfortable home. I don't want to just have a place to live, but I want to have a home. From my experience, the way that you decorate and care for your house changes the atmosphere and feeling of the whole place. It shows people how much you care for others and displays a part of your personality. For me, the comfort and expression of my home is very important. I love expressing myself through the colors and textures of every room. I love being hospitable and welcoming people into my house. Having people over and enjoying the company of friends is a passion of mine. That is why I want to make sure that people feel welcomed and comforted by being in the place I call home. 



I love finding new ideas and ways to decorate my house. I am definitely not a millionaire, so there is always the budget to consider, but I do what I can. Decorating and designing a home can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a lot of work. In my experience, it takes time, thought, dedication, and, if you are like me, fighting your own indecision. That is why I have decided to dedicate this part of my blog to home design. I may post pictures I've found that inspire me, something I've learned, new ideas, or my own success stories. Whatever it may be, the goal here is to create a home that expresses my personality and welcomes others on a manageable budget. Hopefully, my ideas will help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment