July 31, 2012

Coming Up Coral

"Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways." - Oscar Wilde

Follow Me on Pinterest


Lately I've noticed that everything seems to be coming up coral: furniture, rugs, towels, headboards, walls, pillows, lamps, blankets, curtains, and just about anything you can imagine. For some reason, the color coral has become the new popular cheerleader in the high school of home design. I'm not exactly sure where this coral trend began or even why, but I'm glad that it did. Personally, I love the color coral. It's the perfect blend of pink - not too pink, not too red, and not too orange. I don't generally like a stark version of any of those colors, so coral just seems to be the perfect hue. Besides it being a splendid shade, coral leaves a seemingly unforgettable impression in your home. The color offers a warm feeling that somehow reminds you of summer vacations and sunsets on the beach. At the same time, it has this subtle vibrance that makes the atmosphere of the room lively and cheerful, but not overpowering. It almost makes you feel like your best friend just walked in the room with a huge smile on her face because she just found out that your secret crush likes you and is going to ask you to prom.

All in all, I love coral, and it appears that right now most of the home designing world does too. However, like any other color, it has to be tastefully done. That's why I have decided to share my favorite inspirations of coral in interior design. My house may never look as nice as these perfectly photographed pictures. I don't know about you, but I know that I don't generally have photographers and designers come in my house, take pictures, and then turn it into something you would find in Better Homes and Gardens magazine, especially considering that people actually live in my house. Either way, I still like seeing these ideas of how to tastefully use coral in my home. These pictures offer a lot of great ideas and inspiration. Hopefully, I can soon find the time, money, and a space to use these concepts in!


No comments:

Post a Comment