August 9, 2012

My Guide to Cooking

In order to begin my cooking adventures, I knew I needed a little extra guidance. As much as I love Pinterest, it doesn't give me the detailed cooking instructions I was hoping for. I've found a hundred and one recipes I want to try, but most of them I have no idea how to make. I almost wish I was still a kid living with my parents. That way when I mess up a recipe, I can call for mom and she can come save the day. I'm on my own, left in the kitchen with a stove, a pan, and raw chicken. Now what?

Fortunately for me, I recently had a birthday. I love birthdays. They are the only day in the whole year that everyone comes to celebrate you, give you presents, and you can get just about anything you want. For my birthday, I was given two cook books. One had an endless amount of recipes, but seemed a little too advanced for my experience. The other cook book was very simple. It explained all the basics of cooking that I wished I knew, and some basics that I didn't even realize I had to know! Never in my life did I think I would be so excited about getting a cook book.

 Now I have a wonderful combination of cook books. One to get me started, and the other to grow in to. I decided to start my cooking adventures with the book How to Boil Water. It's amazing. Plus, it has lots of fun little pictures to make it interesting. This book explains all you need to know about the definitions of cooking jargon, prepping vegetables and fruit, how to cook different kinds of meat, necessary items to outfit your kitchen, and just about anything you would need to know. If you are as clueless as I am about the culinary arts, this cook book is a great place to start. This is where I'm starting, and I'm excited to see where it takes me!





No comments:

Post a Comment