August 14, 2012

Deeper

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day long, 'Where is your God?' These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I would go with the throng and lead them in the procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival. Why are you down cast, O my soul? And why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall praise Him, my salvation and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all the breakers and your waves have gone over me. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life."
Psalm 42:1-8 ESV


There is little for me to say about what it means to go deeper. It is hard to write about something so intricate that even I don't understand it. I wish that I could comprehend more, but  I cannot. There is little clarity to my declaration. All I can say with fair truth is that I have a burning desire to go deeper. I feel a passion within me to discover the mysteries in this world. I have already concluded that I may not always find the answers. With every half answer I do find, I uncover twice the questions. There is much more to life than we first see. There is much more below the surface. It is just a matter of diving in and realizing that it is there. That is why we have the ability to go deeper; there exists a vast extent to life that we still have not met.


I can only describe to you my need, my driving passion, to find more. Everything and everyone around us is made up of more than we give credit. If we take a moment to look, we will find that the intricacies of this world are beyond comprehension, and they all come from One man. God is the only one who can answer the questions that we find in life because He is the one who created them. He is the only one who can guide us to those answers, and he is the only one who will ever truly know. As I go deeper, I will grow, learn, and change. I want to find the answers that God has for me. I want to discover the questions and mysteries that lead me to greater knowledge and wisdom. I want to change. I want to find the heart beat of a world that is so little undersatood. I want to know the passion of the God who created it. As I continue to search and to learn, I know that God will teach me. My journey will lead me to spiritual things, wonders of life, and the concerns of people. As I keep moving forward, I will discover God. When I discover God, I will find freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment